Scrolling with two fingers freezes

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by LemonMeringueTy, Oct 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LemonMeringueTy, Oct 19, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 19, 2013
    - I've had this problem for a while but never bothered to research it, I search and couldn't find anything. When browsing using Firefox (Haven't tried other browsers) and using the two finger gesture to scroll, it will stop scrolling, won't go down or up, and the only way to get it unstuck is to wiggle the page slider and then it will work again. Is this a Firefox, OSX, or hardware issue and is there a fix to it?

First post, made account just for this, been coming to this site for over a year, never bothered to make an account.

2. celticpride678

I'd first try to see if it happens in another Web browser.

3. LemonMeringueTy, Oct 19, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 19, 2013

LemonMeringueTy thread starter Guest

Well it only rarely happens, so I'd be stuck using Safari for the next three weeks to try and recreate the issue. I'm just curious if anyone else has had this happen.

4. Disc Golfer macrumors 6502a

I've never had that happen in firefox or any other program. I use firefox / snow leopard primarily.

5. applepearpp macrumors regular

use chrome. Firefox is a good substitute for IE but that's pretty much it. On OS X Chrome, Opera, and Safari are way better than Firefox.

6. janakin2k5 macrumors newbie

same problem, only Firefox

I have the exact same scroll stick problem with Firefox and it is incredibly annoying. I can tell you that it only happens in Firefox for me, not in Safari. So it seems this problem is exclusive to Firefox.

I mostly use my MBP on a stand connected to a 24" external monitor and use a BT keyboard and mouse, so it is not really a big issue, but when using my laptop as a laptop, it makes Firefox unusable.

Did you ever find a solution?

7. Apple 26.2 Contributor

Apple 26.2

How often does this happen? Better said, when does it occur? Does it happen when returning from sleep mode?

8. PurrBall macrumors 6502a

PurrBall

I'm using an alpha build of Firefox 7 on my MBP and don't have this issue.

9. janakin2k5 macrumors newbie

happens anytime

This happens every single time I scroll in Firefox regardless of returning from sleep, reboot of OS X, reboot of FF, opening closing a tab. Scrolling in Firefox on the MBP trackpad is simply unusable.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.