Scrollview rotating. I would really appreciate some insight or advice.

Discussion in 'iOS Programming' started by olsonvox, Jun 16, 2010.

1. olsonvox macrumors newbie

So I have been working on this for several days, maybe even a week. My project is based on the Apple example "ScrollViewSuite".

I have converted it to run on iPad and support rotation.

The rotation and scaling works well when I go from Portrait to Landscape. 1st image is when an image is selected for display in portrait, then after I rotate to landscape it scales just fine and is centered.

[​IMG]

However, when I select a new image from the Thumbnail picker... it shifts over to the left of the screen...

thumbnail
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

then the other issue is that when I rotate back to portrait view the image does not scale to the size of the view. I get this....

[​IMG]

I really want to figure this out. I would totally appreciate any help you can provide to me.

I have pasted the RootViewController.m file to pastie....

RootViewController.m

I have literally tried everything I can think of. Mainly been trying to use autosizingMask and various contentMode settings. I even put in a support request to Apple using one of my support requests. Their response was not very helpful. They just told me to use autosizingMask which I have been doing with every possible variation I can.

I would really appreciate it is you could take a look at this code and give me another set of eyes some ideas or suggestsions or code examples you think might help.

Thanks,

Dan

2. PatrickCocoa macrumors 6502a

Nothing obvious to me . . .

Can you get the rotation to work on a significantly dumbed-down version of your app? Say something with only static images. Once that works, add in the various other elements until rotation stops working.

3. PhoneyDeveloper macrumors 68030

PhoneyDeveloper

If you want the image to scale you may need to set the contentMode. Use one of the scaleToSomething modes.