ScrollView Scroll opposite direction of user scrolling

Discussion in 'iOS Programming' started by evana, Oct 5, 2009.

1. evana macrumors newbie

Hello everyone i m newbie in iPhone programming. am using a scrollview in my application but the problem When i scrolls down you want the scrollview to scroll upwards

is it possible?can anyone help me about this problem.

Thanks in advance:)

2. jnic macrumors 6502a

3. evana thread starter macrumors newbie

I trider to override touchesmoved but its not working....:confused:

4. jnic macrumors 6502a

You'll have to give us more information than that. Paste some code or tell us the errors you're seeing.

5. evana thread starter macrumors newbie

actually i am trying to find out the solution how could i do this.touches moved is not responding ScrollViewDidScroll() is not responding and i m quite new in this field so dont know which way to go? so pls help me out...

6. dejo Moderator

dejo

Staff Member

You'll have to help us first before we can help you out.

7. evana thread starter macrumors newbie

is it possible that scrollView scroll opposite direction of user scrolling.if possible then how??

8. dejo Moderator

dejo

Staff Member

Yes, it's probably possible. But I'm really not sure why you would want to override the default behavior to work in the completely opposite way. That's going to be very confusing to users who are accustomed to the normal behavior. And Apple may actually reject your app because it doesn't conform to the Mobile HIG.

Well, you've already been given some hints above on how to do it but refrain to provide any code snippets or explain in detail why "it's not working". What else do you expect from us? The solution?

9. evana thread starter macrumors newbie

can you pls tell me solution how it is possible actually i m very new in this iPhone development field so i need you help.Touches moved is not in 3.0.

10. dejo Moderator

dejo

Staff Member

Sorry, I'm not gonna just give you the answer. You need to learn to educate yourself and not expect handouts.
    Yes, it is. Or at least touchesMoved:withEvent: is.

11. evana thread starter macrumors newbie

sorry buddy you misunderstand me.i tried with touchesMoved but it is not working and i see in several discussion that touches moved is not working for scrollview in SDK 3.0. i spend my 6 days with this problem.

12. skunkworker macrumors regular

you could try subclassing uiscrollview.
    Can we get the reasoning behind reversing what uiscrollview already does? it seems like it will confuse a lot of people on the iphone.

13. evana thread starter macrumors newbie

in my game i am using a big image and user have to dragg a particular path of the image for won the game thats why i want the scrollview with opposite behavior. when user drag upwards the image will scroll downwards.

is there any way to do this without using scrollview.

14. jnic macrumors 6502a

There is, check out FlickDynamics, which is basically a complete re-implementation of UIScrollView's physics. I have to say though, I code for 3.0 and am seeing no problems overriding touchesMoved.