Scrollview within another scrollview?

Discussion in 'iOS Programming' started by Niiro13, Oct 8, 2008.

1. Niiro13 macrumors 68000

This hasn't gotten an answer yet on the internet.

Basically, I want to have the same setup as the AIM application where horizontal scrolling has the paging effect but vertical scrolling is the normal smooth scrolling.

I figured I had to use two scrollviews, but the scrollview within the paging scrollview doesn't scroll.

So far I have it set up like in the Page Control example. except I added a scrollview as a subview of each page.

Thanks!

2. PhoneyDeveloper macrumors 68030

PhoneyDeveloper

That's not how you do it. UIScrollView has a pagingEnabled property. Use that.

3. Niiro13 thread starter macrumors 68000

Yes, but the pagingEnabled seems to enable it for both horizontal and vertical scroll. I only want pagingEnabled for the horizontal axis. I figured the solution would have been dual scrollviews.

Like I said, the perfect example would be AIM's chats, where horizontal scrolling is paged, but the vertical scrolling is smooth.

4. PhoneyDeveloper macrumors 68030

PhoneyDeveloper

I haven't seen the AIM app. Perhaps it uses the UIScrollViewDelegate and changes the setting of pagingEnabled dynamically based on whether scrolling is vertical or horizontal. (Just a guess)