Scrubbing through music from lockscreen or Control Center is erratic??

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by vaultwit, Sep 26, 2014.

1. vaultwit macrumors regular

This isn't necessarily a 6/6+ issue as the same thing happened on my 5. When I try to scrub through music using the music controls either on the lockscreen or the control center, the scrubbing is never smooth. It is always erratic and jumps all over the place. It's nearly impossible to skip ahead or behind a few seconds, as it will just jump around everywhere. Anyone else experience this? Is there a way to make it better?

2. antiprotest macrumors 65816

antiprotest

I think the tap and drag approach is too imprecise on a small touch device, especially when the recording is long. I'd much rather have buttons on the screen that you hold down.

3. vaultwit thread starter macrumors regular

Well the tap and drag approach works perfectly fine for the volume control. When I drag the volume dot across, the volume changes smoothly, no erratic behavior. So I know it's not the touch interface that's the problem. I don't know why they can't make it smooth for the scrubbing.

4. antiprotest macrumors 65816

antiprotest

Yes but the volume control is approximate anyway. If you want something accurate down to the second it's too hard for the drag approach.

I listen to lectures and speeches all the time where the file is 40-90 minutes long. And there's no way to find the precise point I want. Same with watching vids like Netflix and YouTube.

You're right though. The knob seems to jump when dragging and also when the finger leaves the screen after you found the point you want. That makes it even worse.

5. mcdylan02 macrumors newbie

Have you tired different the different scrub speeds? If you hold the scrub and pull down, it will do a quarter scrub which will allow you do scub second by second.