Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rickvanr

macrumors 68040
Apr 10, 2002
Brockville
I wonder if they're going to 'out' the Todd this season, as I'm assuming its the last.

I'd like to see TCW come back as well, she was one of the few enjoyable guest stars.

Also, I wonder if Jason Bateman will make a guest appearance this season, he was supposed to last, but couldn't do to time restraints or something along those lines.

I'm just crossing my fingers that they kept the humour, but begin doing it intelligently as they did in the earlier seasons. Unfortunately, the previews and interviews I've seen with cast members seem to have them straying even further away from reality.

More John C rants, more Kelso, more Janitor & Sloppy Joe Guy is always welcome, more the Todd, more Ted (with quartet singing theme songs) and less over the top humour from Braff and I'll be very happy.

Opps, I forgot my favourite character! I'd like to see more Doug too.

Piarco

macrumors 68030
Jun 24, 2004
Londinium
clayj said:
Why are you assuming it's the last season? I've heard nothing about that anywhere...
Ditto on that! Better not be..... but then I'd like it to go out with its quality intact.

tobefirst ⚽️

macrumors 601
Jan 24, 2005
St. Louis, MO
I am so happy Scrubs is finally back! I've been watching Season 2 since Christmas and I'm going to try to catch a couple of the last Season 4 episodes before watching the new ones tonight.

This is one of only two shows that I catch with any regularity...and the other is Sportscenter, so it really doesn't count. :)

I LOVE Scrubs!

XIII

macrumors 68040
Aug 15, 2004
England
I really got into this over Xmas.. watched season 1 in a few days, and have just started 2. I will be with you on 5 before you know it. :p

jelloshotsrule

macrumors G3
Feb 7, 2002
serendipity
thanks for the heads up! i wouldn't have even known it was on if it wasn't for this thread. hah

i wonder if it'll stay on tuesday or move around again...

rickvanr

macrumors 68040
Apr 10, 2002
Brockville
Piarco75 said:
Ditto on that! Better not be..... but then I'd like it to go out with its quality intact.

Well apparently Zach Braff only signed a five year contract at the beginning, and after five years you're a full blown doctor right? So when that happens they don't really need to continue the show, as the show is about being a resident. I remember reading that on a Scrubs fansite a while back, it could have changed.

Piarco

macrumors 68030
Jun 24, 2004
Londinium
The 5 years thing is the entire med school experience - they were qualified at the end of the first series (I think - I'll check later. They may have been qualified at the start of it, but just being lowly House Officers..or whatever they are called in the States!). As Scrubs is more now about the whole hospital thing, it has the potential to run on, but as you've pointed out, Zach Braff could now leave.
After the success of Garden State, he may well do this......

brepublican

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 22, 2005
NY
I'm thinking we'll be seeing a lot more of Mandy Moore, maybe she even lands a regular spot in the cast this season (going by the reports that have been flying around in the Media). She is after all Zach's girl friend. So prolly less of Tara Reid ( :( ) and lesser chances of a TCW comeback.

I havent heard anything about his being the last season... here's to hoping it isn't.

rickvanr

macrumors 68040
Apr 10, 2002
Brockville
Well last nights episodes were surprisingly decent. I think I preferred the second episode, and the bank-farter joke actually gave me a chuckle.

Also loved hearing Michael Tolcher in the end of the second episode, I met him in November, and he signed my copy of his CD, and he was a super cool guy and I'm glad to see him getting a little more exposure.

MattG

macrumors 68040
May 27, 2003
Asheville, NC
I enjoyed last night's episodes. I hope Eliott moves back to the hospital though...it's just not the same :) Although she did have quite a bit of screen-time yesterday.

tobefirst ⚽️

macrumors 601
Jan 24, 2005
St. Louis, MO
Yup...I'm resurrecting this thread. Deal with it. :)

I just wanted to share my excitement...for the last week or two, Scrubs has been on TV more than Leave It to Beaver! Syndication rocks! Now, I have the first three seasons on DVD, so it's not like I couldn't watch the show anytime I want...but when it is on television, it's somehow different. Now, I can flip through the channels and catch some of my favorite episodes from at least the first season right now...

Tell me, who else is excited that Scrubs is finally syndicated?! :)

beatsme

macrumors 65816
Oct 6, 2005
tobefirst said:
Tell me, who else is excited that Scrubs is finally syndicated?! :)

right here :D

I love this show. I've been watching the Scrubs marathon on Comedy Central all day...

well kind of watching. Mostly been trying to set up VNC server/client between my Mini and my old G4. Finally got it working :eek:

iMacZealot

macrumors 68020
Mar 11, 2005
I'm so excited. Scrubs is on three hours a day here: Comedy Central, WGN (some Chicago network on cable), and CW2. And season six is coming back! But I don't think it's coming back until January again.

I just got into Scrubs this summer. I always thought it was a cheesy show due to the poor commercials with the laugh track NBC does. But my sister had her wisdom teeth taken out this summer, and she's entering med school this summer, and we saw the box set at Target and thought we'd give it a try and my whole family is hooked! We have the first three seasons on DVD and I bought half of season 5 on iTunes. I can't wait for seasons 4 and 6.

Chundles

macrumors G5
Jul 4, 2005
Scrubs Season 4 comes out on DVD on Wednesday here - I'll be straight down to the shop to pick it up.

Bloody love that show, got 3 seasons on DVD and getting them slowly onto the computer (G4 sucks for video encoding) so I can watch them when I'm on the road next year.

The last episode of Season 5 will screen tomorrow (Monday) night at 11:30pm then it's the long, long wait for season six, followed by the even longer wait to see if one of our networks picks it up.

iMacZealot

macrumors 68020
Mar 11, 2005
Chundles said:
Scrubs Season 4 comes out on DVD on Wednesday here - I'll be straight down to the shop to pick it up.

Bloody love that show, got 3 seasons on DVD and getting them slowly onto the computer (G4 sucks for video encoding) so I can watch them when I'm on the road next year.

The last episode of Season 5 will screen tomorrow (Monday) night at 11:30pm then it's the long, long wait for season six, followed by the even longer wait to see if one of our networks picks it up.

Australia and the UK seem to just love the show ---- I don't know why. I mean it's popular here, but not some sort of giant phenomenon.

Chundles

macrumors G5
Jul 4, 2005
iMacZealot said:
Australia and the UK seem to just love the show ---- I don't know why. I mean it's popular here, but not some sort of giant phenomenon.

Just refreshing to get a sitcom from the US that's actually funny yet occasionally sad and poignant as well. It's an impressively well-rounded show.

It's not hyped-up here, it's on at 11:30pm on a Monday - talk about grave yard shift, but rates pretty well on the strength of the characters, the acting and the writing.

Top-notch show.

iMacZealot

macrumors 68020
Mar 11, 2005
Chundles said:
Just refreshing to get a sitcom from the US that's actually funny yet occasionally sad and poignant as well. It's an impressively well-rounded show.

It's not hyped-up here, it's on at 11:30pm on a Monday - talk about grave yard shift, but rates pretty well on the strength of the characters, the acting and the writing.

Top-notch show.

I agree. We've had so many terrible comedies on TV recently that spend most of the time on commercial break, like "friends", which spent 17/30 minutes on television every week for ten years and is becoming a "classic".

stonyc

macrumors 65816
Feb 15, 2005
Michigan
Piarco said:
You are...Dr. Kelso
A.K.A. "The Most Evil Person on the Planet"

Who likes you? Practically no one. Do you care? Not one bit. You don't relish social situations, even if your daily life forces you to tolerate them. You're known to make the best of things, even if it's at the expense of others. On the bright side, in making yourself happy, you are sure to live a long, healthy life...that is if no one kills you first.
Yay. :)

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
I'm Dr. Cox...no wonder I like his character so much.

*** considers changing MacRumors username so that he can wander around the forums prefacing each post with "Listen up, newbie!" ***

iMacZealot

macrumors 68020
Mar 11, 2005
WildCowboy said:
I'm Dr. Cox...no wonder I like his character so much.

*** considers changing MacRumors username so that he can wander around the forums prefacing each post with "Listen up, newbie!" ***

Lindsey, I really like Dr. Cox and have actually used his insults in person (try them, they're killers) but I'm really more of the J.D. (or "carol") character.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.