Scuff gate solution: Foxconn worker strike

xofruitcake

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 15, 2012
Already covered by a thread in News section.

Moderator, please delete this thread...

Last edited:

praetorx

macrumors regular
Apr 7, 2010
The workers are well underpaid while Apple makes over 200% profit per phone. This is slavery on Apple's part - should bring jobs back to the US or give the Chinese workers a decent pay.

erratikmind

macrumors 6502a
Apr 2, 2009
S.F./Las Vegas
The workers are well underpaid while Apple makes over 200% profit per phone. This is slavery on Apple's part - should bring jobs back to the US or give the Chinese workers a decent pay.
I would venture a guess that if the iPhones were made here in the U.S.A., the phones would cost quite a bit more if Apple wanted to maintain its current profit margin.

Buckeyestar

macrumors 6502a
Sep 17, 2011
Why is it always only Apple? Do you realize that many electronics companies have their goods made by this same company? Surrender your Xbox or television if you feel so strongly.

FieldingMellish

Suspended
Jun 20, 2010
Then, return your phone if you feel that strongly. And be prepared to pay $1,250.00 for an American made phone.

praetorx

macrumors regular
Apr 7, 2010
Then, return your phone if you feel that strongly. And be prepared to pay $1,250.00 for an American made phone.
Actually that's about how much I've paid for my factory unlocked 4S 64GB iPhone so fine by me :p

I wasn't implying that American manufactured products are of better quality but American laws prevent companies exploiting people the way Apple does in communist countries like China. Why do you think all corporations outsource to India/Russia/China? Because workers have little protection from exploitation.

Moshe1010

macrumors 6502a
Jun 27, 2010
By definition, people who are getting paid for their work, are not slaves. So, you can't really say it's slavery. If they don't like to work there, they can leave and find another job, that would pay them better. If many people would leave, wages would go up.

FieldingMellish

Suspended
Jun 20, 2010
Actually that's about how much I've paid for my factory unlocked 4S 64GB iPhone so fine by me :p

I wasn't implying that American manufactured products are of better quality but American laws prevent companies exploiting people the way Apple does in communist countries like China. Why do you think all corporations outsource to India/Russia/China? Because workers have little protection from exploitation.
Probably true. Also outsourced are interrogations. :eek:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.