Scuff on iPhone 6S still able to return?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by RLesko, Oct 5, 2015.

1. RLesko macrumors member

I've been having some difficulties adjusting to the size of the 6S from the 5S. Up until this Friday I'm still in the 2 week window where I can return the phone for a refund. Unfortunately I dropped the phone over the weekend and there is a very small scuff on the bottom corner of the phone. Will this be an issue if I try to return it you think? I do have AppleCare+ so in the worst case I suppose I would pay for a unit replacement and this would essentially be a $130 2 week phone rental?

2. Lobwedgephil macrumors 68030

Your issue with Applecare is that if they replace your phone, you can't return that one for your refund. Best bet is take it to apple store show them and see if they will still take the return.

3. Cergman macrumors 6502a

Cergman

I don't think you'll have any trouble with returns. They replace the outer components with new ones and refurbish them into service stock anyways so I don't believe they would care if there's a little scratch on the bottom.

4. bwsteg macrumors 6502

Basically since you dropped the iPhone, now you're unsure whether you want the 6s or 5s. Let's face the facts, the only reason you're second guessing your decision is because of the scuff on the phone. If not, this thread would never have been made and you'd be enjoying your 6S right now.

Did I get that correct?

Either way, Apple workers don't even look at the phone or barely do. Unless it's something major such as cracked screen, I doubt they'd even notice.

5. RLesko thread starter macrumors member

Not quite, Let me reiterate-

I want to return the phone no doubt, as I'm not enjoying the bigger size as I thought I would. I'm worried now they won't accept my return due to the small scuff.

6. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

Yes you can return it. Don't bring up the scuff. Thry probably won't notice. They probably won't care even if they do notice. The end.

7. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

Don't feel like you owe everyone a response. :) FWIW I moved from a 5s to a 6 and thought the only slightly larger size was more awkward than the 6+ so I went with the 6+. But it's a personal decision and good luck with whichever you choose. They are all awesome! :D