Scuffs in Bezel

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mattkowalski, Aug 10, 2010.

1. mattkowalski macrumors member

Noticed today that the bezel around my iPhone 4 has developed a large number of blemishes/scuffs - despite having lived in a bumper since I got it. I then realised that 80% of the blemishes sit under imperfections in the rubber on the inside of my bumper!! Looking at the bumper, it seems to have been manufactured that way, rather than damage caused by use.

Anyone else noticed this happening?

2. eawmp1 macrumors 601

eawmp1

It's not the bumper itself...the material is not harder than the phone bezel. ANY bumper/case that allows anything to get beween the case and the phone will lead to scratches. Small particulates will get in the space between the bumper and phone and the pressure on the bumper/case will scratch/buff/sand the phone.

3. sn1pes macrumors newbie

You need to take the phone out of the bumper every once in a while to clear out any debris that found its way inside, like the above post mentions.

4. mattkowalski thread starter macrumors member

The scuffs are shiny, compared to the brushed look of the rest of the bezel, so it's as if some kind of coating/finish has been taken off the bezel, rather than damage to the metal of the bezel.

...I did think about particulates getting inside it (and I'm sure some are down to that), but a large number are underneath small 'pimples' on the inside of the bumper.

5. sn1pes macrumors newbie

I highly doubt that the bumper is scratching the bezel.

6. Bandolier macrumors 6502a

Don't worry about it. The only person who cares is you and your potential future buyer if you want to resell it. If there's a case in it then you'll never see it anyway.

7. mattkowalski thread starter macrumors member

Yeah exactly - you wouldn't notice them unless you were looking for them. I wanted to replace the bumper with a transparent case of some kind anyway, which will make them less noticeable.

8. Irish Rose macrumors 65816

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A306 Safari/6531.22.7)

I don't doubt it, as it has been mentioned many times before. Usually from dirt getting underneath the bumper.