SD Card Inserted Into DVD Rom - help!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by BadLuckBrent, Dec 2, 2012.

1. BadLuckBrent macrumors newbie

Soooo I'm an idiot and put my SD card into the DVD rom of my MacBook Pro just now, forgetting that the slot is on the LEFT side and not the RIGHT side like on our iMac. I've tried getting it out with a credit card and tweezers but no luck. Can I somehow open the DVD rom itself to get it?

2. Fujitsu1522 macrumors newbie

Fujitsu1522

SD Card dropped in CD slot

Hi there i have the imac 27, i had it out of its box and within an hour, i put an sd card in the cd slot, bad design, card slot next to cd-dvd slot, harrrggghh! panic, i couldent believe it, you prob got it out by now but i ended up getting tweezers, breaking them, because they were to wide to go in slot, so i ended up with one stick, unplug, this is not in the guide books and you could do dammage, but, i put a buddy around the head, squeezing it on so it aint gonna fall in with the card, not having a macbook i don't know how easy it is to get into, but i could see the card, i went in slow pressed lightly and out it came, but really if you can get into the machine using screwdriver that would be easier, but soon as you open, guarantee will be void i would imagine
    not a very good way to retrieve your sd card, but emegency only, batterie off and mains...anyone else suggest? will it not come out if you tilt?

3. d3m0nz3y3 macrumors newbie

Try using a paper clip to stick it in to take the sd card out, make sure you dont push it in too much or you might destroy the lens. Worst case you can take the ODD out and get a replacement from ebay or something.

d3

4. nopw macrumors newbie

Get a thin piece of plastic , maybe a cd, ruler.....
    Get a sticky tape and make a loop out of it with the sticky side out,
    and stick it on the cd.
    With it you should be able to 'grab' the SD.
    Use some other thing to keep the lids open.
    I have used this method to get a mini-dvd out of a macbook.

Most required skill: patience!!

The more secure method is doule sided tape to be wrapped around the piece, to avoid loosing it inside you mac.

5. G-Mo macrumors 6502

G-Mo

I get this or a mini disc in the shop at least once a week... Remove the SuperDrive, 50% of the time it will fall out, if it doesn't disassemble the SuperDrive take your SD and put it all back together. We charge 1 hr labour.

6. Yester5 macrumors regular

Yester5