SD Card or Flash Drive suit for MBA 13"

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by Xhire, Mar 31, 2011.

1. Xhire macrumors newbie

Hi, i'm a user in Thailand,

Now i'm looking for extend capacity for my MBA 13" SSD 128GB cause it has SD card slot which i can move some important files to safe my SSD. But 32 GB it cost nearby flashdrive 32GB.

Compare with speed and other factor, which one i must choose? :rolleyes:

2. Scottsdale macrumors 601

Scottsdale

The SD cards are a lot smaller, and they don't stick out of the MBA. If it's just sitting on a desk, an external USB drive makes more sense. Otherwise, on the road an SD card is a lot more mobile friendly.

Let us know what you buy and how you like it.

3. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

There are some USB flash drives that are as small as the one bundled with MBA which don't really stick out (e.g. Super Talent Pico and Verbatim Tuff-'N'-Tiny). Might be a bit cheaper than SD cards and also compatible with pretty much any product. I think they are also faster than SD cards. I've been thinking about getting one if/when I run out of space in my MBA.

4. Scottsdale macrumors 601

Scottsdale

That reminds me of a cool key type USB drive I have seen that fits on the key ring and is small like the Apple USB OS X stick.

5. tmoerel macrumors 6502

Not true! The SD does stick out of the MBA. Only about half of it sits inside the computer, the other half remains visible.