iPad SD card reader issue after iOS 9 update

Discussion in 'iOS 9' started by dajazz, Sep 18, 2015.

1. dajazz macrumors member

On my Mini 2 I import photos using the Apple SD card reader so I can preview them, do some editing, and email them. Before when I would insert the card, the import screen would pop up and it would show me a thumbnail of the images so I could select exactly which ones I wanted. I tried importing some photos last night, but instead of showing the thumbnails it shows a gray box with the text 'jpg' in the middle of it. I've tried looking through settings to see if something changed, I've restarted, etc.... with no luck. Anyone else having similar issues?

2. dajazz thread starter macrumors member

Any photographers willing to test to see if they're experiencing the same issues?

3. dajazz thread starter macrumors member

4. BittenApple macrumors 6502a

BittenApple

5. ng9311 macrumors newbie

I just got an iPad mini 4, and am using the Apple SD card reader (which I previously used with my iPad 4th Gen, but not for a while). iOS 9.0.2. Exact same issue. Grey "jpeg" box. It allows me to select these strange grey boxes, and even allows me to "import" them. But the "import" happens way too quickly and images never show up on the iPad.

What kind of camera is your card from? I'm using a Fuji X100S, shooting Raw +Jpegs.

6. ng9311 macrumors newbie

I just tried a 16GB card, instead of the 32GB card I had been using. It worked! Maybe there's a bug with iOS 9 and larger SD cards?