SD card reader with USB-C connector for rMB?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by oakrrl, May 3, 2015.

1. oakrrl macrumors member

anyone find an SD card reader with USB-C connector for rMB?

I know you can do an adapter USB-C to USB 3/2 - but I'd like an all-in-one. I find when you have start stringing cables & adapters together transfer gets less reliable.

for photographers in the field, nice light rMB could be ideal, could even do some light photoshopping. I don't like iPad interface for this).

I mostly like to do landscape photo, & need a card reader or cable - no wi-fi pout in the mountains and the woods!

2. Dayv macrumors 6502

I can't find any online, but I'd bet there will be one out within the next three months.

3. evangw macrumors regular

I found this on Amazon, which seems to have been released in June, but it looks kind of sketchy and the single review looks suspiciously like a fake / one made by the manufacturer:

http://www.amazon.com/Auspry-Elite-Reversible-Protector-Guarantee/dp/B00XZND3E4

other than that I've been looking and can't find anything, now a couple months after this thread was first posted.

Edit: Actually looking at that reviewer's other posts, it seems like it's a totally legit review. It was just so effusive I was suspicious.

4. wowee macrumors member

I use the adaptor that monoprice sells - usb to usb-c and the kingston card reader. No cables and no probs.