SD Card slot on Retina Macbook

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Aftershocker, Jul 6, 2012.

1. Aftershocker macrumors member

Guys if you use the sd card slot on the retina macbook does the sdcard protrude at all or does it fit quite snugly? Any chance of catching it and pulling it out?

I have teh retina macbook on order and I was contemplating buying the new Patriot Pro, 128gb SDXC card... AnandTech said it reads at 80/MS and writes about 40.. Not fast compared to the SSD obviously but just fine for storing media for playback, films, music etc.

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Like its non retina sibling and older MBPS, the SD card does stick out a bit

3. TheMacBookPro macrumors 68020

TheMacBookPro

4. gentlefury macrumors 68030

I personally think that design is a little better...it makes it easier to get out. I understand the draw to having it flush tho, since you can leave it there as additional memory. My display has SD cards that click to flush and it can be a little annoying getting them out.

5. Aftershocker thread starter macrumors member

Thanks guys... I think I'll chew it over for a while and maybe try it with one of the smaller capacity cards I have hanging around... No point shelling out on an expensive card before I know if its going to be an issue for me.

6. melterx12 macrumors 6502a

7. Aftershocker thread starter macrumors member

Yeah that looks really cool...

I don't think the micro sd cards come in as high a capacity or transfer rate yet, but you know whats its like these things evolve at a exponential rate...

Nice find..

8. gentlefury macrumors 68030

yeah they would be good for storing pictures and music...but not much else.

9. daleski75 macrumors 65816

daleski75

10. aprodigy-de macrumors newbie

micro-sd cards are currently available in sizes up to 64gb. they make up to 20mb/s and os x is even capable of booting its os off of it ;)