Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!
  • Did you order new AirTags? We've opened a dedicated AirTags forum.

Aftershocker

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 11, 2011
Guys if you use the sd card slot on the retina macbook does the sdcard protrude at all or does it fit quite snugly? Any chance of catching it and pulling it out?

I have teh retina macbook on order and I was contemplating buying the new Patriot Pro, 128gb SDXC card... AnandTech said it reads at 80/MS and writes about 40.. Not fast compared to the SSD obviously but just fine for storing media for playback, films, music etc.

maflynn

Staff member
May 3, 2009
Boston
Like its non retina sibling and older MBPS, the SD card does stick out a bit

Comment

TheMacBookPro

macrumors 68020
May 9, 2008
It's just like this.

sdcard.jpg

Comment

gentlefury

macrumors 68030
Jul 21, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
I personally think that design is a little better...it makes it easier to get out. I understand the draw to having it flush tho, since you can leave it there as additional memory. My display has SD cards that click to flush and it can be a little annoying getting them out.

Comment

Aftershocker

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 11, 2011
Thanks guys... I think I'll chew it over for a while and maybe try it with one of the smaller capacity cards I have hanging around... No point shelling out on an expensive card before I know if its going to be an issue for me.

Comment

Aftershocker

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 11, 2011
Yeah that looks really cool...

I don't think the micro sd cards come in as high a capacity or transfer rate yet, but you know whats its like these things evolve at a exponential rate...

Nice find..

Comment

aprodigy-de

macrumors newbie
Jun 25, 2012
micro-sd cards are currently available in sizes up to 64gb. they make up to 20mb/s and os x is even capable of booting its os off of it ;)

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.