Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fev

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 16, 2007
Hi guys,
I was wondering if anyone can help me...
I've just bought a new 2Gb sd card and am trying to transfer files onto it for my gp2x, however, whilst transfering files, the mac freezes occasionally and even more worrying, the mac only sees the card as 976mb.
Has anyone got any ideas on how I can get it back to the 2Gb that it should be?

Secondly, my mac mini 1.4ghz g4 1gb ram went the way of the pear a few months ago and has never quite been the same. It froze and after reboot came up with a folder with flashing ?. I had to reinstall my 10.4 upgrader which sorted most of the problems. However, it has a tendency now of coming up with the grey screen informing me that the system needs restarting and if a website has an intro vid etc... it cannot be played. can anyone tell me which codecs I need?
Cheers,
Phil:D

jng

macrumors 65816
Apr 6, 2007
Germany
Sorry, what is a gp2x?

Also, what kind of reader or you using? Do you have access to another computer? Can they see the card and do they see 1GB or 2GB?

Seeing 1GB would scare me too. Where did you get the card?

fev

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 16, 2007
Hi,
gp2x - linux powered handheld system (http://www.gp2x.co.uk)

I'm using a usb card reader which recognises my other 2gb card on this comp and my ibook, however, neither see this card as a 2gb.

I did format it on a pc (formatted to 2gb which was seen then by the mac, after trying to transfer files tho, the mac and now the pc can only see it as 976 even tho' they say nothing is on it and when i try to reformat, it only gives me 976mb.

Is the card b***ered? I was gonna return it this weekend to try a new one anyway but thought I'd ask first.

Phil

ps any ideas anyone on the apparent osx instability?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.