SD Comic Con

rhett7660

macrumors G5
Original poster
Jan 9, 2008
Sunny, Southern California
So... Did anybody else go? Just rolled back into town! As usual, had an excellent time. Met some pretty cool people and picked up way to much stuff!!

Favorite: 30 minutes or less panel. Those guys were freaking funny!!! The blip of the movie we were able to see was hilarious. It is now on my must see list! Not to mention it is by the guy who did Zombieland.

Worst: The "Bones" panel was cancelled and the "True Blood" panel didn't have Eric (wife was really bummed).

Great show and had a killer time!

Also, another highlight was the Zombie Walk! Way to much fun!!

Last edited:

ucfgrad93

macrumors P6
Aug 17, 2007
Colorado
My daughter and a couple of her friends went. They seemed to have a good time. She was crazy over the Supernatural panel. She said she lined up 4 hours early and still got crappy seats.

erickkoch

macrumors 6502a
Jan 13, 2003
Kalifornia
I went. Could only get ticket for Sunday this year but had a good time. The last few years it's been getting more hectic, lines longer, etc. Been to CC every year since 1999. May start going to Wonder-Con in San Francisco, it's about 1/3 the size of the the CC but I hear it's more laid back and geared towards comics, anime, SF. It's what Comic-Con was about 10 years ago. Comic-Con has gotten too wild and wooly as of late.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
I didn't go but I've been to two in the past. I felt like it was a bit more "geek" years ago. It was comics and anime. Now with True Blood, Bones, Supernatural etc, I feel like it's not just about comics, clearly. It's still a fun time no doubt, lots of odd folks there and a chance to spend way too much money on cool ****.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.