SD Comic Con

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by rhett7660, Jul 24, 2011.

1. rhett7660, Jul 24, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2011

rhett7660 macrumors G4

rhett7660

So... Did anybody else go? Just rolled back into town! As usual, had an excellent time. Met some pretty cool people and picked up way to much stuff!!

Favorite: 30 minutes or less panel. Those guys were freaking funny!!! The blip of the movie we were able to see was hilarious. It is now on my must see list! Not to mention it is by the guy who did Zombieland.

Worst: The "Bones" panel was cancelled and the "True Blood" panel didn't have Eric (wife was really bummed).

Great show and had a killer time!

Also, another highlight was the Zombie Walk! Way to much fun!!

2. nicksmolenski macrumors regular

nicksmolenski

I wasn't there, but I saw the Star Wars XBox 360 they released. AWESOME.

3. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

My daughter and a couple of her friends went. They seemed to have a good time. She was crazy over the Supernatural panel. She said she lined up 4 hours early and still got crappy seats.

4. erickkoch macrumors 6502a

I went. Could only get ticket for Sunday this year but had a good time. The last few years it's been getting more hectic, lines longer, etc. Been to CC every year since 1999. May start going to Wonder-Con in San Francisco, it's about 1/3 the size of the the CC but I hear it's more laid back and geared towards comics, anime, SF. It's what Comic-Con was about 10 years ago. Comic-Con has gotten too wild and wooly as of late.

5. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

I didn't go but I've been to two in the past. I felt like it was a bit more "geek" years ago. It was comics and anime. Now with True Blood, Bones, Supernatural etc, I feel like it's not just about comics, clearly. It's still a fun time no doubt, lots of odd folks there and a chance to spend way too much money on cool ****.

6. rick snagwell macrumors 68040

rick snagwell

i love it! i sell my condo downtown for bank! then i just work overtime at the fire station! go nerds!