SDHC Express Card 34

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by creator2456, Jan 26, 2009.

1. creator2456 macrumors 68000

creator2456

Over the last month or so I have been creating much more digital data while on the go and I am looking into a Express Card 34 card reader. The only requirement I have of it is that it is able to read SDHC cards.

Would it be better to get something like a 24 in 1 reader that works with SDHC or one that is simpler (and cheaper)?

Anyone using a SDHC Express Card 34? Which one? Thoughts?

2. azdude macrumors 6502

My Belkin reader handles my 8GB SDHC just fine:

http://catalog.belkin.com/IWCatProductPage.process?Product_Id=405356

I believe this produced was revised at some point in its lifecycle to be able to support SDHC, but I'm not sure. If I recall correctly, the box I picked up at the Apple Store *said* SDHC on it, even though Belkin's site doesn't.

Note (because this bothers some people)... although the reader sits flush with the body of the MacBook Pro, the inserted SD cards do not. They protrude about 1 cm, so you're not going to want to leave a card in there.

3. creator2456 thread starter macrumors 68000

creator2456

Thanks. If I go for this one I will make sure to check compatibility. And as far as the SD protruding it isn't a problem. I'm not looking to add permanent storage with the card, just need to offload data easier.