SDK Beta 7 requires activation?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by dgouldin, Jun 10, 2008.

1. dgouldin macrumors member

I use an iPhone for testing purposes only. The beta 6 SDK and iPhone OS would allow me to bypass activation and still use the phone as a device in xcode, but after loading the beta 7 OS onto the phone, I don't seem to be able to get past the activation stage without actually activating the phone for real. Is anybody else having this issue? Any suggestions?

2. dgouldin thread starter macrumors member

For any who care (doesn't look like there any many concerned devs on these forums), developer support said they uploaded a new copy of the beta 7 os (with the same build number) about 1/2 an hour ago. The file inside the dmg did indeed look different, but it didn't solve my problem.

I would recommend anybody who downloaded the sdk yesterday download it again now. It's really stupid that Apple didn't bump the rev so that it would be obvious even if you didn't talk to dev support.

3. mattcomi macrumors newbie

I've noticed the same problem. I can no longer develop on my unactivated iPhone using beta 7. I'll download the image again as you suggest.

4. RonnieNimbuzz macrumors newbie

I downloaded the iPhone OS image today (June 14), but it still forces me to activate my development iPhone with AT&T.
    Does anybody here know a way to circumvent this?

5. MacsAttack macrumors 6502a

Buy an iPod Touch for development?