SDK Event March 6th Enterprise Roadmap

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by amjustice, Feb 27, 2008.

1. amjustice macrumors 6502

amjustice

As seen here:
    http://www.macrumors.com/2008/02/27/iphone-ipod-touch-sdk-details-march-6th/

Enterprise is listed on the iPhone software "Roadmap". It is shown on here as being further down the road then the SDK which is where we should be next week. My guess is they are going to make some announcements of some future enterprise related things that will be added to the iPhone. What are everyone elses thoughts?

I hope they release an iPhone update with built in exchange support. I hope they go all out on the exchange support and license the ActiveSync portion from Microsoft directly. Larger companies (like the one I work for) will not support the iPhone unless they have things like the ability to remotely disable access. So if Apple skimps on this feature people like myself will not be able to use the feature.

Some other things that would be nice, wireless calender sync, ability to access corporate directory, basicly all those nice things my co-workers brag about on their WM phones.

As for this week, I think we will get an SDK, some new apps (Sling Player, GPS maybe, iChat?) and FLASH SUPPORT!!! We can dream right?

2. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

3. amjustice thread starter macrumors 6502

amjustice

Good luck, im pretty sure its only press for this one.