SDK or Jailbreak??

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by pizz, Feb 4, 2008.

1. pizz macrumors regular

SO I've jailbroken my ipod (several times now) and i've had a slew of problems syncing with itunes, things getting corrupted, errors.. etc. etc. I probably spent more times troubleshooting my ipod then actually enjoying it. Will the official SDK mean no need for jailbreak? I imagine most 3rd party apps will migrate to SDK. I've already read of a few app developers abandoning their current apps under jailbreak and gearing up for SDK.:apple:

2. quigleybc macrumors 68030

quigleybc

Beautiful Vancouver British Columbia, Canada
    this is why i still haven't JB'd

the SDK is on it's way

...yay

3. pizz thread starter macrumors regular

ehh well I cant sync music movies or anything else through itunes now but i'm just gonna leave it. Not worth messing with it. I'll just wait out the SDK. then upgrade.

4. PlayWithTV macrumors regular

It's so easy to restore, that I'm keeping my jailbreak. Besides, Apple may find it would be best to charge for SDK apps like they do for games.

5. doomnote macrumors newbie

If you jailbreak it correctly, there is no reason why you should be facing so many errors. There is nothing unstable about the jailbreak. I have 2 iPod Touches (sp?) and both are jailbroken 1.1.3. They both work flawlessly and sync perfect as well.

And in response to your question, obviously the official SDK would not require a jailbreak as it is official from Apple.

But I don't see the problem in jailbreaking, then if the SDK ends up being a better option, just restoring and going that route. There is this strange misconception that jailbreaking an iPod can "brick" it, which has been discussed a ridiculous amount of times. You can always go back.