SDK or not?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by pbcrazyboy, Mar 6, 2008.

1. pbcrazyboy macrumors member

If I am thinking correctly, the home page of macrumors said that the sdk is realeased. Has anyone tried the SDK yet or are people still enjoying jailbreaking?

2. PlayWithTV macrumors regular

It's a beta only for developers right now. It will be available to consumers in June.

3. pbcrazyboy thread starter macrumors member

ok thanks.

4. thesdx macrumors 6502a

I had un-jailbroken a while ago for the SDK, but just re-jailbroke with ZiPhone today. Mine will probably stay jailbroken unless the SDK apps impress me enough.

5. Darkjenso macrumors regular

WELL, if i guess correctly, i think sticking to jailbreaked would still be the best option as then you can probably have the best of both worlds, after all, i do expect that you will be able to run official and community apps on a jailbreak ipod/iphone

I cant get the SDK yet though due to busy site, (student developer) but once i get it i will post what i think

6. allbrokeup macrumors 6502

SDK won't work with Devices at all until FW 2.0 is released in June. And Apple are charging Touch users for the update again. Overall I am disappointed with the SDK, with what I have seen so far, a jailbreak and the SDK apps probably won't be compatible. So I re-jailbroke about 20 minutes after Installing the SDK. I am planning to keep my JB until I see what FW 2.0 has to offer.

allbrokeup.

7. Darkjenso macrumors regular

true, but afterall, it is in beta,

One thing i REALLY do like however is the Aspen iphone simulator, as it really is the perfect iphone enviroment, i was thinking that if there was any possible way to run community apps in it that would be quite cool, however, i do with it had all the available iphone apps on it like mail, maps ect,

EDIT: after a searcbh, it seems that all the other apps are in the folder where Aspen pulls them from, but it is not showing them on the virtual home screen, maybe it only shows them if needed...

8. mavis macrumors 68040

mavis

Wirelessly posted (iTouch 1.1.3 (JB'd): Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A93 Safari/419.3)

What are you talking about? Anyone can download it - just make up a company name and that's it. ;)

9. Darkjenso macrumors regular

ok, has anyone tried inputting a app into a JB ipod/phone as i have made another interesting discovery, there is a way to get the other apps into the Aspen, just run a search for mobile mail, ect, and copy the ap into the application folder of the Aspen, and thats it, id does work, but i am not sure if it works with community apps as i havent tried it yet

there are different ones, so i havn't tried it all, althiough it seems that one or two makes it crash, i was using the mail one for the record