SDK Prediction Thread

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Mykbibby, Mar 5, 2008.

1. Mykbibby macrumors 6502a

Mykbibby

This thread is for all of us who have been observing (or not) the SDK rumors and want to chime in their predictions. I'll start with mine.

I think the SDK will be available tomorrow. I could understand a three month delay from when he announced the company's intentions in October. It would be a simple miscalculation, similar to Leopard, with other projects eating at there resources (Mac Tablet). However, at Macworld 08, Steve said to expect it in February. How a three month delay can occur with just a month and a half left seems like too massive of a miscalculation to be true... especially from Apple (not lately though!). We will see the SDK tomorrow, possibly with a new firmware, and new apps available immediately from other "big" developers.

That's my two cents... what are yours?

2. Andrew Conner macrumors newbie

Think it will still be a couple weeks until the release but one can only hope it will be sooner

3. darkblu macrumors regular

beta either coming tomorrow or will be announced tomorrow as coming out by the end of the month. official SDK release at WWDC, where select devs will demonstrate first 'killer' apps.

where do i get my prize?

4. jfull15 macrumors 6502

i really hope for the sdk to come out! And I would love for developers to be able to ccreate plugins for existing apps as well as completley new apps...

5. kuebby macrumors 68000

kuebby

I'm trying to keep my expectations low, but I wouldn't be surprised on either end, just a few details or the full blown everything.