SDK Release = Itouch with more gig?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by gbross, Jan 19, 2008.

1. gbross macrumors member

What do you think?

With everyone from amateur programmer to professional software developers writing new apps for the Itouch, do you think Apple will soon release a 32 gig Itouch?

Apps take up space, especially those that need to store data.

2. mrgreen4242 macrumors 601

mrgreen4242

The capacity of the touch has nothing to do with how much space Apple wants you to have or how much they think you might need. It's simply what's available from flash memory manufacturers at a price point that people will still buy it.

They'll make a 32gb version when they can buy the components and sell them for $400 or so. Probably later this year, October-ish maybe.

3. rmwebs macrumors 68040

Considering how quickly the price of flash drives drop, we could well see a 64gb one by the end of the year!

4. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

I call no way! 32GB by September, 64GB by May 2009 is my guess...

5. aswitcher macrumors 603

aswitcher

I think the SDK apps will be pretty small on a whole, probably a lot like widgets. Apple will keep a lid on size and processor demands so as not to interfere to much with music listening and phone calls.

6. aethelbert macrumors 601

That won't happen. 32GB by the end of this year, 64GB in 2009 (likely in September since that's the traditional time for iPod updates). It's too expensive right now.

You do realize that these apps aren't like 5GB/each, right? They're only a few megabytes at most.

7. Forkaster macrumors member

If Apple comes out with mobile Preview i would like a storage upgrade, to store some PDFs and music and Video.