Sdxc card for 4k recording

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by AppleHater, Feb 13, 2015.

1. AppleHater macrumors 6502a

If I want to buy a SDXC card that can handle 4k recording in high profile, what are the choices? I wonder what the minimal requirement is.

2. KimJongEun macrumors newbie

KimJongEun

I'm also curious about this. I have pre-ordered the Panasonic HC-VX870 camcorder that is capable of recording in 4k. Stupidly, I didn't even think about what SD card I would need. I believe it records at 72Mbps.

3. ColdCase, Feb 22, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2015

ColdCase macrumors 68030

The sandisk extreme pro does 95 MBps:

"4K Ultra HD-ready Today
    4K Ultra HD (3840 x 2160p) video provides exceptional clarity but capturing it without interruption requires significantly greater speed and storage capacity than previous generations of imaging cards provide. Our 512GB SanDisk Extreme PRO SDXC™ card delivers both speed and capacity, so the video you shoot today is ready for the newest 4K Ultra HD televisions and monitors."

The UHS-II version does 280:

"Speed Class 3 Rated for Flawless 4K and Full HD Video Capture
    With a UHS Speed Class 3 rating--faster than UHS Speed Class 1 and Class 10--the SanDisk Extreme PRO SDHC/SDXC UHS-II Memory Card gives you the power to capture uninterrupted, cinema-quality 4K, 3D, and Full HD video at a minimum sustained write speed of 30MB/s"