Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gugy

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jan 31, 2005
La Jolla, CA
Hi,
I am wondering if purchasing an SDXC card for a Macbook Pro Max 2021 would be a good solution to increase my storage just to use on my Photos and Music libraries. I am trying to leave my 1 TB drive free of these libraries that takes too much space.
I am not sure an SDXC card would be fast enough to play music or look at photos. I am assuming is OK. Also, which cards would you recommend for this Macbook. Thanks

erkanasu

macrumors 6502a
Jan 11, 2006
Hi,
I am wondering if purchasing an SDXC card for a Macbook Pro Max 2021 would be a good solution to increase my storage just to use on my Photos and Music libraries. I am trying to leave my 1 TB drive free of these libraries that takes too much space.
I am not sure an SDXC card would be fast enough to play music or look at photos. I am assuming is OK. Also, which cards would you recommend for this Macbook. Thanks
I’m also interested in knowing what is the fastest and highest quality card to purchase for this use case

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.