Sdxc?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by iphonenub, Aug 21, 2011.

1. iphonenub macrumors regular

Hey I'm getting my first mbp soon and I want removable storage that doesn't stick out so I can just keep it connected as long as I want. I'll also have windows 7 through bootcamp so I thought this would be a good way to share data between partitions. Is this a good choice? Also, can I do the time machine (capsule or machine I forget the term) back ups onto it?

2. AmbiguousNinja macrumors regular

AmbiguousNinja

First off, if the removable storage doesn't stick out, how would you take it out? :p sort of defeats the purpose, no? As for alternatives you can find amazingly small flash drives at most tech stores nowadays for around $10-$40.

On my mbp, I had Windows XP installed through a program called VMware Fusion. It runs Windows smoothly inside Mac OS X so you can transfer files easily. I did notice a lag when playing Youtube videos and other flash based stuff in the virtual machine.

I wouldn't know from personal experience but you will most likely be able to backup your virtual machines on a time capsule.

3. yousifabdullah macrumors regular

If you get a 17" MacBook Pro, an ExpressCard SSD might be worth looking into.

4. iphonenub thread starter macrumors regular

I thought the port would be spring loaded so it would go all the way in. I guess I'll look into a small USB drive that won't break easily if I leave it in. Also, I don't want to use emulators I want windows 7 to have full access to the hardware. So thanks for the help!

5. popcorn-in-sac macrumors member

This MR post seems pretty close to what you are after.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1206894&highlight=flush