SE battery case

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Paul S, Mar 24, 2016.

1. Paul S, Mar 24, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2016

Paul S macrumors regular

Perhaps this has already been covered in other threads, so apologize beforehand. One thing I will miss going to an SE from a Plus is the battery life. But this is easily solved with a battery case.

From the looks of it, the SE has the exact dimensions of the 5s. I'm wondering if this means all I need is a 5s case (i.e. [urlhttp://www.mophie.com/shop/iphone-5]this one from mope[/url]). I'm guessing none of the vendors know either, as none of them have responded to my emails yet. (what I'm expecting them to do is relabel the 5s cases as "new SE" cases, then raise the price by 30%).

Anyway, it would be nice if I could pick one up before I get the SE next week. Anyone know?

EDIT: Nevermind. According to this site, the Mophie case works.

https://www.gottabemobile.com/2016/03/23/best-iphone-se-cases/?gbmsl=5

2. Hal~9000 macrumors 68000

Hal~9000

Uhhhhh... the iPhone SE actually has MORE battery life than the 6+ / 6s+ models ;)

See: http://www.apple.com/iphone-se/specs/

As for a battery case, I'd say for trusted brands go with Mophie if you are ok with spending a bit more for looks, and Anker if you want the best value.

3. Daria macrumors regular

Daria

Amazon has many SE cases, and no.....they are not raising the prices.
    They began listing them the same day of the Apple or perhaps it was the
    next day. Point is, they were totally ready for business. One can get many
    different kinds of cases there.

No....I'm not an employee or a troll: just a satisfied customer. :)

4. Paul S thread starter macrumors regular

Well, I'll believe it when I see it. :) My old 5 was supposed to have better battery life than the old 4, but it was much worse. Even after 2 exchanges, it lasted maybe half day. My Plus got a solid 10-12 hours of usage, so if it can come close to that, I'll be happy.

5. meiusermanme Suspended

6. mofunk macrumors 68000

mofunk

I like carrying a few battery packs. They are faster and can get more charges.

You can check around Marshall or TJ Max for any iPhone battery

7. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I'm very happy with the battery life, and I agree wiht others. The battery cases are unnecessary. I also carry a battery pack for specific situations. I just came back from a weekend camping/hiking trip. I use the battery pack to keep the phone charged during my hike

8. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

Exactly what I do. I use my phone and carry a Anker battery pack/charger when needed (international travel, hiking, etc.)

9. dennisjr631 macrumors 6502

Well believe it I have both phones and the se has better battery life hands down !!!

10. BessaStudious macrumors newbie

BessaStudious

The SE Has the same specs (Some better) as the 6, however its the same shape/size as the IPhone 5s

11. C DM macrumors Westmere

Actually more of the specs are in line with 6s than 6. That said, that's neither here nor there as far as this thread goes.