***SE HBH-IS800*** working volume control on OS4.0

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by i7QuadCoreMania, Jun 16, 2010.

1. i7QuadCoreMania macrumors 6502

Sony Ericsson should thank me for boosting their sales on these headphones lol :D

I loaded OS 4.0 Gold Master on my 2nd Gen iTouch, (don't own a 3GS, otherwise I would have tried it) I saw the original thread in these forums stating that these headphones don't properly, well I was happy to report they work fine now with 4.0 :eek:

Those of you familiar know the volume controls don't work on OS3.X and stays at maximum volume at all times. 4.0 is a big improvement overall and in this department as well.

P.S. before asking me where I got 4.0 a simple search and you will find your answer, though I recommend you wait till the official release as mine is missing the wallpapers for some reason.

Here is my video to prove it, btw, the postit was to cover my serial #;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNxu2Me-H74

2. bsj8377 macrumors newbie

Please Help!

I'm on my second pair of these...they are amazing, EXCEPT, both sets I have bought now have a HUGE issue. Both sets have some sort of distortion in the higher frequencies (guessing anything 4000 hertz and up)...it actually sounds like they are "blown"...but only when higher frequencies are present. For example, a bass solo is crystal clear but as soon as the vocals come back in it sounds horrible. You can tell these are really nice and balanced but this makes them unusable.

I've tried everything...paired with Iphone 4, Iphone 3GS, Iphone 3G, Dell laptop, Mac laptop. Really the only time that I don't hear this is when I tried to watch a movie on the net...they sounded "ok" then, but obviously the sound quality wasn't very high anyway.

I'm at a loss. I've tried even listening to a CD directly from windows media player, bypassing Itunes all together. No luck.

Could it be I got two bad sets?

Please help!!!

Brian