seagate HD upgrade on 13" macbook pro

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jenny23, Mar 10, 2012.

1. jenny23 macrumors newbie

Hi All,

First post! Sorry if it's a repeat but I'm relatively new to forums. So I'm updating my 13"MBP(first thunderbolt model)hard drive.. I don't have a job right now so I can't shell out big bucks for something awesome even though I should. I found this online and after doing some google searches saw that it got some good reviews. Does anyone here have any experience with it? I have upgraded my RAM to 8GB so I have some experience with doing this.. but I really don't want to ******* up my mbp lol... upgrading to bootcamp to windows for visual basic.. been using this 1gb hp pav dv6000 which is hell to say the least... thanks for any help/tips! :)

p.s. here's the link
    http://eshop.macsales.com/item/Seagate/YST9750420AS/

-Jen

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Why are you buying what is essentially an external hard drive disassembled? All you need is a bare 2.5" hard drive. Newegg.com has hundreds of them.

3. jenny23 thread starter macrumors newbie

Because it comes with the screwdrivers(I have no tools really I threw them away when I moved without thinking) and I can turn my internal 320gb into a portable drive for extra music. I also lost my old hard drive when I moved so I figured it would come in handy.. I heard both good and bad things about this particular drive

4. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

You can buy an internal HD for ~100 at Best Buy, Newegg, etc., and you can buy a #0 screwdriver and the Torx #6 for less than $10 at Lowes or any hardware store.