Seagate Momentus 7200.4 500GB drive.

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by aluminumapple, Feb 17, 2009.

1. aluminumapple macrumors regular

So,

iv heard and searched the forums and apparently this is the best HD to get for the macbook 13", with the largest space and speed. but just wondering whats the best website to buy it from that has stock and will ship it in a decent speed?

apparently alot of people are getting annoyed most sites have no stock or is shipping late and if shipped are very slow.

i live in Canada Ontario ( toronto) whats the best site to buy it from?

2. TheScavenger macrumors 6502

TheScavenger

I would Google search for the hard drive to find out what retailer offers the best shipping and pricing to your area.

Josh

3. LTX macrumors regular

LTX

4. aluminumapple thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks! i checked newegg and the site you gave me and i think i will try out direct canada's air services :) do you have any idea how long it might take?

tried, all sold out or takes too long for ground shipment. : (

5. LTX macrumors regular

LTX

I've never used DC, but it looks like they're based in Richmond, BC, so you could expect about a week to a week and a half, hopefully no longer :p

6. sporadicMotion macrumors 65816

sporadicMotion

Check Canada Computers... they typically have good prices and they're local to you. I used to go to them before I had access to NCIX in Van.

7. stringbeanie macrumors 6502

Compusa.com aka tigerdirect.com have them in stock. Not sure how much shipping would be to Canada but the price in US dollars is $129

oops. looks like they ran out today. they had them yesterday:(

8. Corvillus macrumors member

I'm in Windsor, I ordered mine from NCIX, and it took the better part of a month to ship (although I guess I ordered it before launch). Being in Toronto though, there are likely more local places to buy it from, so you could save on shipping that way. That said, the drive is in high demand right now so you might see it come in and out of stock consistently for a bit.

9. aluminumapple thread starter macrumors regular

ya i think i might visit one of those Canada Computer part stores nearby me, its pretty close and apparently they might have 1-3 in stock. if they do that will be good : ).