Seamlessly switch sim from iPhone 3G and iPhone 4?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by brayhite, Aug 3, 2010.

1. brayhite macrumors 6502a

I JB'd an old 3G, and I was wondering if I could switch sims from my iPhone 4 to the 3G whenever I wanted (made an adapter) to mess around with the JB for a day without having to make any account changes on my bill or anything (AT&T). Sorry if there is a thread about this already. I MRoogle'd but found only things about sim swapping from 3Gs to 3GS's. Just wanted to clarify about the iP4 to 3G.

2. dgstan macrumors 6502a

Yes you can, but be careful. I made an adapter to put my microsim into my 3G and managed to tear out a couple of the contacts on the SIM connector in the 3G. Make sure the microsim fits into the adapter very cleanly and that it won't get loose inside the other phone.

There are some posts here that show how to do it or just look it up on Google.

3. brayhite thread starter macrumors 6502a

Well I made the adapter when I did the unlimited data trick and it worked in a friend's 2G. I just tried it in my 3G and it said no sim. Thinking my sim was ruined, I put it in my iP4 and it worked fine. So I don't know.

4. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Buy a Noosy sim adapter, like $2 on ebay. Get the yellow or blue ones.

5. brayhite thread starter macrumors 6502a

So I'm assuming that as long as the phone recognizes the sim, I will have no problems going back and forth between them, using them freely without change to my account or billing? I currently have unlimited data on a family plan.

6. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Yep, just be careful putting the microsim into the adapter and the adapter into the 3G