Search app in installer.app: anyone find any use for it?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by erandall38, Oct 25, 2007.

1. erandall38 macrumors 6502

I was looking through installer.app and saw a new app called search.

It basically lets you jump to any day or search for a contact.

Has anyone found any good use to this?

i mean for contacts isnt it just as easy or fast to hit one of the letters on the side in the contacts tab under phone? I guess it could be a little faster if hte search appp was on your home screen and you just opened it and searched as oppose to hitting phone then contacts then searching.

I guess the only thing I really found useful for it was if I wanted to go to a date that was 2 or 3 years ahead and did not want to continuously hit the next month button over and over again.

I guess I want to find some use out of this app but just cant, can anyone out there enlighten me and say "no dummy, you are forgetting this"

2. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

Jumping to a future date has moderate usefulness, but the donation popup is way more annoying than scrolling through a few calendar pages. The guy wants money for 40kb of code...Taskbar Notifier is a thousand times more useful and the dev doesn't ask for a dime.

3. erandall38 thread starter macrumors 6502

Thats why I was asking I was feeling the same way... what is taskbar notifier?

4. cazlar macrumors 6502

It puts a little envelope icon on the status bar at the top when you have unread SMS or mail.

5. Andrmgic macrumors 6502a

yeah, it is nice to be able to see if you have e-mail without having to unlock your phone.