Search box in Safari help

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by moirraine, Mar 2, 2012.

1. moirraine macrumors newbie

Ok this is probably a REALLY stupid question, so please, save your ridicule, I already feel stupid enough as it is!

I am very new to the iphone and feel like I should be able to figure this out on my own, but I can't and I can't find anything online either, probably because it is too basic.

When I enter a search term in my google search field, fine great, head to google and look at my results. Let's say I googled "iphone help how to safari search field"

AFter checking the results, nothing useful, so I want to change my search to "iphone help how to safari search field can't see all"

PRoblem is, I can only see "iphone help how to saf" in the google search bar and don't want to have to retype every word every time i want to change one word in a longer search string... it'll make me nuts...

So... is there any way to scroll right and left within a text field on Safari so I can see what is to the right of the first three or four words?

Help much appreciated.

Moirraine

2. normanbates macrumors regular

Press the google search bar so that the text cursor appears, then press and hold it again until a little bubble appears, then you can slide your finger to the left or right and it will scroll for you

3. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

Just keep holding your finger all the left or right and it will move.

4. moirraine thread starter macrumors newbie

OK strange

OK I tried that, and I do get the magnified bubble, and if i slide my finger to the right while holding, it does move, but as soon as I let go, the cursor bounces back to the beginning of the search box and I still can't get my cursor go to the VERY end after the last word in my search. Am I doing something wrong or is my phone maybe a little messed up? I really am not an idiot... I am as ashamed as I should be about the fact that I can't figure this out!:eek:

5. MonkeySee.... macrumors 68040

MonkeySee....

I get this sometimes. I wrote it off to being a quirk as it doesn't happen all the time. What I normally do is click back on the Safari search box instead of the google one on the web page. Your search is still held there :)

Seems googles web page is a bit odd sometimes.

6. moirraine thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks

Yeah that is what i have been doing, it's just kind of a pain in the butt. But thank you, at least now I know that I am neither crazy nor stupid and that helps SOOOO much!