Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

OldManJimbo

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 1, 2004
California Coast
I use iCal 1.5.5 (Panther) - is it possible to export everything in a certain calendar to a Word or Excel document?

I travel a lot and keep all my travel related entries in a "travel" calendar. My tax preparer would like a listing of all my travel entires and I can't find a way to do this.

Any ideas?

Mitthrawnuruodo

Moderator emeritus
Mar 10, 2004
Bergen, Norway
Not certain about Word or Excel, but you could use the print function to make a PDF file (or just print it, of course). You can select view and which calendar(s) to include or not in the output (this is from iCal 2, but I did the same, or something very similar, when I had 1.x, too):

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    77.6 KB · Views: 50

OldManJimbo

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 1, 2004
California Coast
I may need to bite the bullet and just upgrade to Tiger - the printing functions for 1.5.5 are very limited. I keep trying to make Panther do things it won't, only to find they are available in Tiger. Call me the last of the great cheap skates.

OldManJimbo

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 1, 2004
California Coast
Well - that is helpful. Still not what I'm after, which is a linear print out of the events, one line after another.

I think this can be done in Tiger - so Mr Jobs gets a few more of my dollars.

Better he than Bill Gates.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.