Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

millerrh

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 14, 2005
I am trying to utilize the search domain feature in Network settings. As you can see, I have typed in the domain name into the appropriate field, but for some reason it won't work. I still have to type the whole name into the address bar for me to access these web sites. Anyone know how to fix this?

Edit: This is only when using Airport. When plugged into the wall, it works.

Attachments

• Picture 3.png
    Picture 3.png
    70.1 KB · Views: 175

MacsRgr8

macrumors G3
Sep 8, 2002
The Netherlands
Have you also typed the default domain in the TCP settings for Airport?

Might be a dumb question, I know... but just to be sure... ;)

EDIT:
As you get your IP address from a DHCP server, are you sure that there is no default domain given to you by the DHCP server?

millerrh

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 14, 2005
MacsRgr8 said:
Have you also typed the default domain in the TCP settings for Airport?

Might be a dumb question, I know... but just to be sure... ;)

EDIT:
As you get your IP address from a DHCP server, are you sure that there is no default domain given to you by the DHCP server?

Airport configuration is the same way. I am unsure about whether there is a default name given to me by my DHCP server. How can you tell that?

The one interesting thing is that this used to work by just doing what I did. But my hard drive crashed and I had to reinstall everything and now this doesn't work for some reason. So I don't think it's a problem with the DHCP server giving me a default name because I would have experienced that before.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.