Search engine for RSS Feeds

Discussion in 'iOS Programming' started by AsTare, Oct 11, 2010.

1. AsTare macrumors newbie

Hi,

I'm programing a RSS feed reader application for iPhone. And i'm searching a way to implement a search engine that find only some RSS feeds. Is there an existing tool providing by google or by another company that will help me for developping that feature ?

Thank's for help.

AsTare

2. ianray macrumors 6502

3. AsTare thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi,

thank's for trying to help me, on 3 forums where I've posted this thread, you're the only one to have answered me.

But your link explain how to find RSS feeds, the good RSS search engines on the net etc...

But it's not explaining a way to implement these, that is to say a tool or something... This is not adressed to developpers people...

I'm a bit worried because lots of RSS feeds iPhone apps implements that feature, but after searching a lot of time on the net, i've found nothing and apperently not very much people is able to help me.

Is someone have an other suggestion ??

Thank's.

4. ianray macrumors 6502

Are you saying you want a search-engine that finds only RSS feeds?

The feed readers I have used require me to type a URL, for example "http://daringfireball.net", and then they find the RSS feed automatically. (This is achieved by parsing the HTML and looking for the appropriate mark-up.)

5. AsTare thread starter macrumors newbie

You're right, lots of them just search on a web page. But some of them have their own search engine. Maybe they just search with google, then parse all the links for finding the RSS feeds and display them in a list. Anyway, that seems to be a little bit sub-optimised but maybe it's that.

I think i will just do like many other feeds reader for the moment.

Thank's.

6. seepel macrumors 6502

seepel