search engine preference

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Rowf, Jun 5, 2011.

1. Rowf macrumors regular

Which search engine do you prefer?

Google would be the most popular I should think but what about the others, does anybody use them or maybe use Google as the main search engine but occasionally use something such as Ask for a specific reason?

Google went down for a while today and so I used Bing for an hour or so and, to be honest, I didn't think it was too bad once I got used to it.

Just wondered.

2. ThaDoggg macrumors 6502a

ThaDoggg

I only use Google as I find for me it gives me the most accurate searches. I've tried others in the past and the top results were not what I was looking for. Maybe these days Yahoo, bing etc have improved but I will continue to stay with Google.

3. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

I've tried Bing but IMO it was horrible. It never found what I was looking for. Google has always been very accurate for me so I have no reason to use something else.

4. (marc) macrumors 6502a

(marc)

5. shenfrey macrumors 68000

6. ergdegdeg Moderator emeritus

ergdegdeg

I use Startingpage, which is like a proxy for Google. It gives you Google results but with added privacy.

7. spillproof macrumors 68020

spillproof

8. Rowf thread starter macrumors regular

I'd never heard of that one, in an age where everything we do, say, think (or enter into a search engine) is recorded, for whatever reason, it appears to be running against what we have taken to pass for normality now.

Makes you think of how flippantly a search query can be run with no thought as to where the details go or where they might end up.

9. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

Google. It is by far the cleanest search engine I've used.

Yahoo! and Bing are terrible and cluttered.