Search Engines not working on the MacBook?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by CoastOfGold, Dec 24, 2008.

1. CoastOfGold macrumors newbie

I've recently just purchased the MacBook. It was working fine until sites such as Google, Ask, and Yahoo stopped working. It says that it can't connect to the server for some reason. However, the sites work on my home computer, iPod Touch and pretty much everything else except this MacBook. I have both Safari and Mozilla and they both don't log on to search engines. Weird. Anybody can please help me fix this problem? I would really appreciate it.

I have another question. If I were to reboot the whole system, how would I be able to do that?

Thank you very much!

2. bradenwh macrumors 6502

I would probably go with holding down the POWER button.

3. nope7308 macrumors 65816

nope7308

Click on the Apple icon in the Menu Bar (top left) and choose restart.

Connectivity problems are not indicative of a defective computer... you're probably having some trouble connecting to the wifi. Make sure Airport is on and connect to the appropriate signal, then input the password if you have one.

If you don't know how, try a google search on your other computer. This should be pretty basic stuff - give it a few minutes and you'll figure it out.

4. CoastOfGold thread starter macrumors newbie

I tried restarting a couple of times and I still got the same problem. For some reason, it cannot connect to the server and log on to a search engine website. So no Yahoo and Google. I tried Ask.com and it worked, but when I would click on search results it would direct me to an error page.

Thanks for the advice though.

5. chrisiw macrumors regular

Have a go using a different browser, Firefox or Safari;)

6. CoastOfGold thread starter macrumors newbie

Still not working unfortunately.

Why would the search engines stop working all of a sudden? I don't think I've changed much of the settings on the mac...

7. Sannekita macrumors regular

Sannekita

I've had a similar problem, where some websites just wouldn't work. It turned out to be a very strange thing: the wireless internet router wasn't fully compatible with my macbook pro. So try to go on someone elses internet with your computer, and see if they work then.
    My problem was solved by buying a new router.
    Good luck with it!

8. CoastOfGold thread starter macrumors newbie

Tried that too, and still doesn't fix the problem, ha.

9. CoastOfGold thread starter macrumors newbie

Now, YouTube is not working properly either. It cannot display any videos or anything. What's wrong with these MacBooks??

10. likemyorbs macrumors 68000

likemyorbs

Thank you for making me laugh for 2 minutes straight lol