Search for the perfect case like looking for a unicorn...doesn't exist in this world.

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by ratman2356, Aug 5, 2010.

1. ratman2356 macrumors member

I am about convinced that it just does not exist but still have hope someday it will.

I want a clear thinnish case that covers the back, top, bottom and sides, not frosted, doesn't show watermarks or rainbow effects on the back, that does not scratch too easily, slides in and out of the pocket easily, is not a fingerprint magnet and will not screw up a screen protector.

Doesn't sound like it should be too hard but every single clear case I have tried or read up on falls short in some major way. Silicones sticks to everything, truly clear TPU causes the watermarks and/or rainbows, hard plastic scratches super easy which wouldn't be too bad for a white phone but is terrible for a black one. The majority of both hard and TPU styles do not seem to work with a screen protector either.

This isn't so much a crying in my beer post as a chance to share what I am looking for and hear from others what they consider the ideal iPhone 4 case.

2. RichBrewski macrumors member

I feel ya, man. I always dwell on the negatives of a screen protector. Too expensive, ear speaker cutout sucks, too much friction, distorts the retina display. Always cons. And those cons are pros on others.

It is frustrating to say the least. I'm about to get a $.20 from eBay.

But I digress... As per my case... I'm just gonna use my bumper for the time being until I find a good enough one.

3. ltldrummerboy macrumors 68000

ltldrummerboy

I always buy from Switcheasy because of the low price and extra stuff they throw in (two screen protectors, port plugs, etc.). The Nude looks like something you might be interested in.

My favorite product of theirs is the Vulcan, but they don't have anything like it for the 4 yet.

4. ratman2356 thread starter macrumors member

I was really excited about the switcheasy nude case but it butchers screen protectors according to a couple of very detailed reviews I read. Very nice case other than that, plugs, fit, and anti scratch coating.

*** My mistake on the Nude, it's fine with SP but scratches worse than a kid with poison ivy. Some scratches are to be expected but reports are it looks trashed in less than a week of careful handling. Still... may wind up trying one and using a clearcoat paint and car wax on it just as an experiment.

5. h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

After reading your requirements for a "perfect case", don't think they ever will/can make one like that. I'd say just get a pouch or something.

6. joshwithachance macrumors 68000

joshwithachance

to me, my Otterbox Defender IS the perfect case. It's the only case I've ever bought for any of my phones over the past 5 years that makes me feel 100% comfortable with anything that could possibly happen to my iPhone :D

7. iammike1 macrumors 6502a

iammike1

While some can be happy with that, to others those cases take away from some of the most impressive things they love about the iPhone.