Search for the Ultimate iPhone case

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by BigQid, Nov 9, 2012.

1. BigQid macrumors regular

There is nothing wrong with the iphone that cant be solved by a case. The problem is that you can find a case that solves any one of the iPhones weaknesses but you can't find a case that solves all the iPhones weaknesses.

Phones had a period like this. a period where you gad to pick which was your biggest headache and go with the phone that solved that problem. Then along came the iPhone. The iPhone isnt perfect but its come along way. iOS has all the right ingredients. Maps and Siri have room for improvement but hopefully Apple doesnt wait a full year to make them better, especially with Google frankly kicking ass. There is other tuning to do to make iOS "just work" to match the killer features of Windows Phone and Android for sure but software is easier to work around than hardware weaknesses.

The most important thing my iphone isnt doing is, I want to be able to place my phone on something I can find in the dark and have it charge my phone enough that I dont need to recharge during the day. All it would take to make the iPhone perfect are wireless charging on an extended battery case. That could be built into a case. Preferably one with a bigger battery. Best if its as beautiful as the iPhone itself. Samsung's NFC commercials have me a little jealous if they work as advertised.
    And if I could dream, why not throw an ir blaster and a app remote. Some people don't like ir blasters but they launch more quickly than Bluetooth remotes which is an annoyance when you come home and want to turn on the tv.

I am looking for the case that has the max number of these features:

Extended battery case
    Wireless Charging
    Wallet
    NFC
    Universal remote control function

I post this to ask if anyone knows where I can find the case that best matches my criteria but I want to see conversation about cases move forward in hopes that cases themselves move forward.

2. Menel macrumors 603

Menel

Also, I want one with his features plus a built in shoe shine kit and coffee maker.

3. KeithLilja macrumors member

hah!

4. bbm85 macrumors newbie

+1

5. Gray bishop macrumors regular

good luck

6. BigQid, Nov 10, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2012

BigQid thread starter macrumors regular

I neither wear shoes that need shining nor do I drink coffee but whatever floats your boat.
    The main features at this point should be extended battery with wireless charging. There are other super cases out there that have 4 or 5 features. They just have different sets of features. I don't expect all of the features at this point but there is no reason someone who is able to make this cant see this post and recognize there is a market for it.
    Every feature I listed matches a function that is in the case market somewhere now but suffers from the market being segmented based on customers having to decide which is their single biggest problem rather than something that solves the biggest set of problems. I left off external storage because I wasn't sure there was a way it could be done well and not interfere with Apple's business model.