Search History from Safari 4 Address Bar

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by integrat.ethis, Jun 3, 2009.

1. integrat.ethis macrumors regular

Hey guys,

I've been searching for the missing link in Safari - the one thing that I need to stop using Firefox. I'd like to duplicate the functionality of the Awesome Bar in Firefox, which searches browsing history when a phrase is typed into the address bar. For example, if I want to listen to a youtube song, I could just type "Radiohead Paranoid Android" into the address bar, and assuming I had listened to it before, the link would pop up. Very handy. Unfortunately, in Safari, you have to type in "youtu..." and hope that you've listened to the song enough for it to appear in your few history links. Not very intuitive.

Are there any plugins to simulate this functionality? I tried Glims, and while it's completely awesome, it unfortunately doesn't help me here. I also tried the Quicksilver Safari Plugin, and while it technically does the job, it's just a tad clunky, and also has the annoying habit of opening a new browser window.

2. webbosoft macrumors newbie