Search Options in Safari

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Neo110503, Jun 23, 2008.

1. Neo110503 macrumors regular

I'm sure by now everyone has heard of blackle and i was wondering if there was any way to add that to my search instead of google being the main search engine in safari. Would there be code i could change? Any help would be awesome.

2. portent macrumors 6502a

Inquisitor allows you to change Safari search engines.

There's no point in using "Blackle," however. Black backgrounds only save energy when shown on old-style CRT tube monitors, which practically nobody uses anymore. (If you do, do the environment a real favor: recycle it and get an LCD.)

3. ramonekalsaw macrumors newbie

Don't see Search button in Preferences

I'm using Safari Version 3.1.2 (4525.22), have installed Inquisitor, ("The software was successfully installed") opened Preferences to configure but don't see the SEARCH button.

Any idea about what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks.

4. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

source drop down menu, but its really not that useful, basically just google or yahoo. no other choices, AFAIK, and you have to pick in preference??:eek::eek:

Attached Files:

5. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

A simple Google search turned up this Wikipedia article on Blackle and it sounds like another "fashionable" but not functional attempt to be "green". There are no noticeable differences in power consumption and using Blackle disables all of Google's advanced features. Not worth the trouble! Just someone else trying to get their 15 minutes of fame.