Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dinky2

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 21, 2010
Hi all,

I have been wondering for a long time, why such obvious functionality does not exist in IOS. The IOS Photo App does not give any useful information about photo's (except location and date, not even a title or caption) nor does it allow any kind of search.

Does anybody know of a way/app that will allow me to search photo's on my iPad by keyword ?

Armen

macrumors 604
Apr 30, 2013
Los Angeles
Hi all,

I have been wondering for a long time, why such obvious functionality does not exist in IOS. The IOS Photo App does not give any useful information about photo's (except location and date, not even a title or caption) nor does it allow any kind of search.

Does anybody know of a way/app that will allow me to search photo's on my iPad by keyword ?

Obvious functionality? Where else have you seen a native photo app that has these features? Do digital cameras even do this?

tinktink09is

macrumors newbie
Nov 4, 2011
Hi all,

I can use spotlight on my iPhone to search photo names, but that's useless if you haven't named them or don't remember what you named them. iPhoto is an excellent photo app IMO.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.