Search Text App

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by Cowboy22, Aug 17, 2008.

1. Cowboy22 macrumors member

Hey everyone. I am looking for an application that will let me search for a specific word in a document. I was wondering if there was a program out there that would let me search for certain words in my word documents (it could even search a PDF or really any kind of text file). Like if you press apple-F on a Mac, you can search for a certain word. Is there anything like this for the iPhone?

I have a 8GB 2.0.1 original iPhone

Thanks

2. Frozentoast macrumors 6502

Frozentoast

You can use a Bookmarklet in Safari to search for specific terms. Drag the following link into your Safari Bookmarks Bar and make sure to Sync it to your iPhone via iTunes.

Find in this page

Hopefully this helps somewhat. (^.^)/

3. Cowboy22 thread starter macrumors member

Yeah I've heard about that but how do I get the word documents into Safari without Jailbreaking? I was really looking for some kind of official app in the App Store that would let me do this.

4. Niiro13 macrumors 68000

Pretty much the only way would be to upload them to a site.

5. Cowboy22 thread starter macrumors member

Alright so what would the easiest way to do that be? Just make a blog and copy and paste onto there?

6. Cowboy22 thread starter macrumors member

Does anybody else have a better idea than copy and pasting documents to a blog?

7. josielinnea macrumors regular

josielinnea

to UPLOAD the actual file to a file-hosting site, just like the previous poster told you. Please don't bump your threads...

8. Cowboy22 thread starter macrumors member

Well can you give me an example? What file-hosting site lets you view Word documents in a web page? And I wasn't bumping just trying to figure out if there was something better than a blog....

9. dima1109 macrumors newbie