Searchable/Filter Keyword web gallery?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by naborneo, Apr 10, 2013.

1. naborneo, Apr 10, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2013

naborneo macrumors newbie

I'm having an issue trying to find a service that can do this well, so I thought I'd throw it out to you guys.
    I'm looking for a photo web gallery service that will allow me to give images Keywords and be able to search or preferably to filter by those Keywords.
    Something similar to a Product Page like newegg.com(or any product page) where I have a list of "keyword" and I can slowly dwindle down to exactly what I'm looking for. (i.e. Show me Laptops -> Laptops with Intel Processors -> Laptops with Intel Processors running Windows 7, ect...)
    I've tired Aperture, iPhone, Lightroom, flickr, SmugMug, 500px and I just can't seem to find what I'm looking for. If anyone has any thought's let me know. This does not need to be a free service, but also needs to be "somewhat" private (no google scraping). Thanks for any info guys.
    Update: I just want to add this is not a selling tool, just for viewing for internal use on the web.

2. snberk103 macrumors 603

This may be more than you want, but try www.ktools.net ..... if it's more than you need, you could try Googling for SW that is 'like' kTools....

3. naborneo thread starter macrumors newbie

I'd like to try it out but their site is kinda restrictive, you can view a demo but can't seem to try it out.
    This software seems very focused on the "selling" aspect, but thanks for the info, I'll dive in a little farther with them.

4. snberk103 macrumors 603

Yeah. They will probably have a list of sites of their clients though. And, the other option to simply Google search for people who offer software 'Like Ktools'... sometimes just having the correct terms is all you need for a good search.

5. rolsskk macrumors 6502

Flickr will do it if you make the photos private.

6. Phrasikleia macrumors 601

Phrasikleia

I have this feature on my website, via my Wordpress theme. I know many themes offer a search box feature. If you want the images to be private, you just make them that way when you 'post' them to your website. Then they will come up in a search only for users registered with editor or administrator privileges. Alternatively, they can be password protected so that anyone with the password can view them.

7. naborneo thread starter macrumors newbie

I never thought to look at wordpress, I'll have to take a look at that. Thanks.