Searchable Notes for iPad

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by Performa636CD, Nov 4, 2012.

1. Performa636CD macrumors member

I'm looking for a pen and paper replacement. If I purchased an iPad, does an app exist that allows my handwritten notes to be cut and pasted into an MS Word document and also allows my handwritten notes to be searchable by keyword? For example, if you take notes in class in MS Word through a semester and now it's exam time, but you want to find your notes from that lecture about the industrial revolution, you can use the search function and type in the keywords "industrial revolution" and it'll find you instances where you wrote that in your MS Word document. I would like this search feature with pen and paper, but I realize that's impossible right now. Could I do something like that with an app on the iPad? I would like this feature WITHOUT having to convert my handwritten notes to text and have the search go through the converted text.

2. A Hebrew macrumors 6502a

A Hebrew

Go to an apple store and see how well you can hand write notes on it, most people find it hard to keep it small and legible.

3. robdam1001 macrumors 6502a

Are you kidding me?

OP: please see this thread:http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1130772

My fav's are Notability and Remarks for iPad.

4. mattdeezy macrumors member

Yep. Notability is my pick.

If you want handwriting to text conversion the best is 7Notes premium HD

5. jojoba macrumors 68000

This.

6. SunnyStudioNeo macrumors regular

Evernote premium allows you to search handwritten notes, and much more. It's expensive, but definitely worth it.

7. Performa636CD thread starter macrumors member

8. saberahul macrumors 68040

Uh… no. Many apps like Notes Plus, Notability, Remarks, NoteShelf, etc. offer zoom boxes. Penultimate does not offer zoom box but works very very well for small prints.

9. jrs22 macrumors 6502

I especially like how the 'zoom' box in Notes Plus helps you pick up right where you left off. It also has an add-in for handwriting to text conversion and an export function.

There's a free app from the vendor that supplies the conversion add-in that you can use to test how well the process works with your handwriting.