Searched for hours: Transparent windows in 10.5

Discussion in 'macOS' started by normansan, Feb 6, 2008.

1. normansan macrumors newbie

Can anyone help me with this? I need a way to make an active window transparent, particularly Safari. I tired maybe 7 different apps, and none of them seem to work with Leopard. Anyone?

2. 2Shae macrumors 6502

http://www.musingsfrommars.org/mars-downloads/

CrystalClear Interface

"CrystalClear Interface is an experimental system add-on to Mac OS X that introduces transparency into Aqua and lets users customize the color and transparency of window and text backgrounds. It is a Cocoa InputManager, so it functions only on applications built with the Cocoa frameworks. (Most Apple software is written using Cocoa nowadays, but prominent holdovers are iTunes and the Finder.)"

Works on Leopard

3. normansan thread starter macrumors newbie

So I found a browser that has an alpha slider built in. Works very well.

Sunrise Browser

4. itsallinurhead macrumors 6502

itsallinurhead

Do you have any experience with this? Does it eat resources?

5. PrometheusX macrumors newbie

I've used this app and it's completely worthless. I hated it from the moment I installed it. It gives windows such as System Preferences almost a 90% clarity - I can't see or read anything! Do NOT install it. Just wait for Afloat to work or something like that. For right now, just live without. Same with Shapeshifter, we just have to wait.

~logan

6. marsmuse macrumors newbie

marsmuse

Re: CrystalClear Interface

Just want to set the record straight after reading what the previous writer said. First of all, his (her?) comment is more than a year old, and CCI has been revised several times since then. Second of all, it's a common misperception that users can't control the level of transparency of their app windows. You can make them as transparent or opaque as you like. You can also modify the window colors, and there are 8 different window styles to choose from. That's just for starters...

The latest releases are also much less buggy and use far less additional resources than earlier ones.

New website is at http://crystalclear.musingsfrommars.org

7. Greenman85 macrumors regular

this is so frustrating! it is ridiculously fast, faster than any i have ever seen, but all other aspects of the browser i dont like. arrgh!

8. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

And you were probably better off letting the entire thread lay dormant rather than reminding everyone of that user's scathing review.

9. hajime macrumors 68030

Hello. Anybody tried the latest version with Snow Leopard? Does it take lots of CPU resource?

10. bishopazrael macrumors newbie

That CCI looks REALLY cool. I'll wait until it shows up in the kcnscrew

11. fhall1 macrumors 68040

fhall1

Pirating software isn't looked upon very highly here.

12. hajime macrumors 68030

Isn't it a freeware?

13. fhall1 macrumors 68040

fhall1

If it was he wouldn't be waiting for a serial number to show up in kcnscrew.