Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

Searches not showing Netflix content anymore

Edd70

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 16, 2018
It used to be if you did a general search for a show on ATV, it would include Netflix hits. The cooperation never went farther than that between Apple and Netflix.

Now it seems like they aren’t working together at all. It’s weird that every service out there (even Amazon!) has a deal with them except Netflix.

Did this start with the new tvOS version?

Namara

Contributor
Apr 16, 2020
East of the sun, west of the moon
I haven't investigated in detail, but certainly Netflix shows come up as one of the "Open In" options if you're searching for a specific show on the few I tested. Because Netflix isn't one of the ATV+ channels, it would make sense for its shows not to be featured in the general categories.

Edd70

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 16, 2018
I haven't investigated in detail, but certainly Netflix shows come up as one of the "Open In" options if you're searching for a specific show on the few I tested. Because Netflix isn't one of the ATV+ channels, it would make sense for its shows not to be featured in the general categories.

You’re partially correct. I did a search for Trial of the Chicago 7, which is Netflix content and it did pop up.

However, I did searches for Moneyball and Schitt’s Creek, both of which are on Netflix now, and the search did not offer Netflix as an option.

Namara

Contributor
Apr 16, 2020
East of the sun, west of the moon
You’re partially correct. I did a search for Trial of the Chicago 7, which is Netflix content and it did pop up.

However, I did searches for Moneyball and Schitt’s Creek, both of which are on Netflix now, and the search did not offer Netflix as an option.
Yes, I searched for a couple that I know are on Netflix, but only Hulu was offered as an option.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.