Searching for a decent headset

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Crimson Hikari, May 16, 2013.

1. Crimson Hikari macrumors member

Crimson Hikari

First of all, I apologise if this is in the wrong part of the forum. I did a quick search to see if there was any posts in this category on headsets, and there were a few asking about microphones, so I figured I have come to the right place.

I'm looking for a headset for Skype, TeamSpeak and voice recordings for short videos.

-I'm looking to spend around £50-£60 on them, but if they're a little over, eg. £65, I'll still consider them.

-I'm no audiophile so they don't have to be of pro quality, but I would like a fairly clear microphone and to have good quality audio for the price (I mostly listen to rock and metal).

-I don't mind too much about looks, but if they're green or red (my two favourite colours), that's a bonus. :)

-Obviously they have to be Mac and PC compatible, so either combined 3.5mm audio/mic jack, or USB connectivity.

Can anyone make any suggestions? At the moment I'm considering the Razer Electras or the Krakens, but I've heard both pairs are a bit heavy-handed on bass, so if anyone has used these before, I would love an opinion.

Oh, and please do not suggest anything by Beats. Not only are they out of my price range by a long shot, but I have tried them out in a store. I liken them to listening to music through a couch cushion.

2. tengtengvn macrumors member

tengtengvn

3. Crimson Hikari thread starter macrumors member

Crimson Hikari

What's your opinion on them? Can you compare them to anything?

4. tengtengvn macrumors member

tengtengvn

They are good for Skype, podcasts, news,... When I want to listen to music, I use the real headphone (AD900X, ATH-ES7, or Triple.fi 10vi). ;)

5. Crimson Hikari thread starter macrumors member

Crimson Hikari

Thanks, I'll take a look at them. It's mainly whether they'll be good enough for game audio. I don't play much but what I do play I like to be clear.

6. Accord3 macrumors member

I too am looking i am looking for a Skype headset, what did you go for in the end and hiw are you finding them?