Searching for Accessories for new MBP!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jadedxsyn, Jun 26, 2008.

1. jadedxsyn macrumors member

I just bought my MBP & since it's my first Mac, I figured I'd ask some experienced users their opinions on some good keyboard skins, body skins, cases, mouses, & etc.

Please post any good & bad experiences with any products you recommend!

Thank you - the help this site has given is greatly appreciated :)

2. johngardiner macrumors regular

Welcome welcome!!!

I just got mine about a month ago and am loving it :)

In terms of accessories the only one I can really recommend (being that it's the only one I've used haha) is the Moshi palm guard. I forget the site just google that and you'll find it. Basically they send you 3 pieces that go over top of the palm area, the track pad, and the track pad button. They have a much more resilient feel to them and if you are like me and you generally keep your palms on the laptop while using it, it won't leave any residue or discolour the palm area :)

3. jadedxsyn thread starter macrumors member

I just looked up the Moshi Palm Guard & that was something I hadn't mentioned but I'm totally going to purchase. On my old laptop, there was definitely discoloration from over the years since I'm a 'palm-er' too, lol.

Great find - thanks a lot!

4. Eddyisgreat macrumors 601

Just get your flavour of inCase MBP hardshell and Marware DELUXE protection pack, as well as the iSkin silicone keyboard cover.

Then your's will look like mine.

5. isauce macrumors regular

isauce

Notebook cooler - Zalman NC2000
    Invisishield / Best skin ever (I would opt for bse, because its way cheaper and the same material.) for no bulk skin.
    Booq Viper M2, notebook sleeve.

Good luck on your search and welcome!

6. Snowbound macrumors regular

I second the moshi palm guard; it's a great addition. I've also been happy with my speck case as long a you don't intend to put it on and take it off more than about twice.

7. Bobioden macrumors 68000

Bobioden

Is there any part of your MBP that is actually showing? Seems like it is totally covered up.

I also recommend the Moshi Palmguard. The wrist pad the the button cover are excellent. The trackpad cover I had on for less than a day and removed it. I didn't like the feel at all.

I also got a extra power adapter which I use all the time. This allows me to keep the original plugged in by my desk, and the second to come with me when I go to work, vacations, other parts of the house, etc...

8. Eddyisgreat macrumors 601

The speak grills, which annoy the snot out of me, even if I would have to line up each and every hole.

Its not as ugly as you would think. The palm rest and mouse button cover match each other perfectly, the iSkin is translucent and the track pad cover is clear. The inCase well obviously you can see that but it ties it all togther.